Notice: Care for our community, COVID-19
With the movement control order in place, our top priority has always been to support our community through trying times like these.
We know it can be information overload at the moment, and we’re working with all the appropriate authorities to ensure information is accurate.
Here is a round-up to help keep you safe and positive throughout this period.
1. Maintain social distancing; show you care
There are many practical steps to help stop the spread of COVID-19, like staying at home, washing your hands frequently, maintaining a personal distance of two meters to minimize the risk, and if you really do need to go to the supermarket or pharmacy wear a mask.
Due to health concerns, we may not be able to show our care through physical touch, but there are other ways to show that we care:
Virtually reach out and talk to elderly neighbours and those who may be experiencing loneliness from social isolation.
Offering to make a trip to the grocery store or pharmacy could go a long way for someone who’s in that vulnerable group.
You could also donate to care funds such as the Tabung COVID-19, a special fund that will help those affected by the Covid-19 and also MERCY Malaysia to support the severely strained Malaysian healthcare system.
2. Keep calm, stay safe
As we watch the news for daily updates, it can cause many of us to be anxious when the number of cases increases day by day. Mental health is as important and as vulnerable as our physical health right now. You might be experiencing stress as a result of the news of the outbreak, but don’t worry, it’s normal.
Things you can do to support yourself
- Don’t stay glued to the news that makes you anxious or distressed: Hearing about the pandemic repeatedly can be upsetting. Take a break from watching, reading, or listening to news stories, including those from social media.
- Take care of your basic needs: Take deep breaths, stretch, or meditate. Eat sufficient and healthy food, engage in physical activity, and stay in contact with family and friends.
- Stay connected and maintain your social networks: Even in situations of isolation or a lockdown, try as much as possible to maintain your personal daily routines. Try to do some activities you enjoy.
- Cope with the inevitable social stigma: Stay connected with your loved ones, including through digital methods. Turn to your colleagues, your manager or other trusted persons for social support.
3. Study/ Work from Home, be productive
Many of us have to work from home as a result of the Movement Control Order which means that we are suddenly spending a lot more time at home than usual but it doesn’t have to be a waste. We can take the opportunity to pick up a new good habit, or learn a new skill!
Ipoh’s longest establish language school, ilti.edu.my is uploading English and Mandarin learning materials online across classes.
You could visit the Hubspot Academy’s website to not only pick up a new skill but you could also get certified for it as well.We’re all guilty of buying books or hearing about movies but never getting to them, now is the perfect time to start reading or watch those movies.
Perpustakaan Negara Malaysia (PNM) recently launched a ‘Sila Duduk Di Rumah Dan Baca Buku’ campaign, if you register at www.u-pustaka.gov.my, you’ll be able to access over 13.2 million digital reading materials for free.
If working from home is something new to you, here you will find some free software ideas for business and schools you could try.
4. Start planning for your future
Stuck at home but looking for a dream home for your family? Why not take a virtual tour around before you come and experience the real thing.
We’ll continue to provide support to all of you. If you have any questions regarding your home or future home, we are still taking calls and are more than happy to help. In these two weeks, you can call us from Monday – Friday, 9am – 6pm, at 0125008018 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. For Bandar Baru Sri Klebang, the security hotline is 0195260112.
Stay safe and healthy during these trying times.
Till then…Take good care of your health and love you 3000